Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. She's 7 yo. She has a history

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback. She's 7 yo. She has a history of mast cell tumors (all low grade, all removed with clean margins). She's also previously been treated for a skin Staph infection with oral antibiotics. She now how a few areas of slightly raised, flaky skin and hairlessness. One on the inside of her ear flap, which is the worst, one along her spine and one on her haunch. They're all pretty small. Any ideas?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of these areas to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. I suspect that they're epidermal collarettes indicative of the Staph infections she's had previously.

Please check the photo(s) before uploading to make sure that they're in focus.