Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Last night my daughter gave my 42 lb dog her monthly dose of

Customer Question

Last night my daughter gave my 42 lb dog her monthly dose of Advantix flea meds. I didnt realize this and also gave her a dose this am. We have washed her off. Will she be ok?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 7
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Izzy?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Good news! This drug is actually quite difficult to overdose. In fact, studies done by the drug company found it takes a few more pipettes of Advantix to cause any serious harm. Though if they do have a double dose it is possible to see GI upset, transient skin irritation and lethargy. That said, if you washed off as much as you could of that second dose, we'd not be overly worried for Izzy and would expect no harm here.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )