Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Paying a lot of attention to one ear and it's the second

Customer Question

paying a lot of attention to one ear and it's the second time. I want to use the Derma Vet ointment I have in it,but it is expired .
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: ocky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Rocky
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Based on the ingredients, even expired this may still give Rocky some relief (and it would do no harm to try). You can also gently flush the ear with luke warm salt water (1tbsp salt to a pint warm water) to flush out anything suck and reduce the bacteria/yeast present. If he settles with this, we are happy. Though if it doesn't and since he is suffering with a recurrence of ear irritation and possible infection; then you may need to consider having his vet check to make sure nothing is stuck in the ear and have them sample any discharge for culture. In regards ***** ***** latter, this will tell you what is growing in the ear, what drugs it is vulnerable to, and allow you to treat effectively to clear this for him and reduce the risk of future relapses causing him bother.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )