Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic

My dog has developed some condition whereby he is itching

Customer Question

My dog has developed some condition whereby he is itching constantly. He licks all four paws incessantly to the point where they are raw. So far the vet has not come up with any answers that work.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What medications has Sammy been on so far? How long has this been going on for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your effort. I believe we've found the problem. When I gave him a bath two days go, I noticed a quantity of small fleas or some king of mites abandoning "ship" like a bunch of rats leaving a sinking ship. We had just started him on Revolution flea treatment about three weeks ago, thinking that might be the problem. The "fleas" or whatever appear to have been the problem; we are bathing and watching results. If this turns out to be t5ghte problem all along, we'll be having a word with our vet and getting a refund for the Revolution, at the minimum.

Okay glad you were able to figure out the problem. If you have having problems with the Revolution then you may consider an oral flea preventative if the fleas are really bad. Let me know if you have any further questions.