Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

My huskey whimpers when he gets up a shrill. Like his neck

Customer Question

My huskey whimpers when he gets up a shrill. Like his neck hurts. I have tramadol 50 is it safe to give him 1 or 2 till I can get a ride to the vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Eco 7 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Eco?
Customer: Evo It seems to be his neck or shoulder area. He is about 100 lbs and his isn't vomiting, no diarrhea, no limping
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 4 months ago.

Has he had tramadol before? Has he ever had a reaction to it or any other medication? If he has then I do not recommend giving him any medication until you can have him examined by a vet.

Legally speaking tramadol is a controlled substance and it is not lawful for me to recommend that you give a prescription medication to your dog, especially one that is controlled.

What I can tell you is that 100mg is within the dosage range that is typically prescribed for a dog that weighs 100lbs and may be expected to result in mild sedation.

Does this help you?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie