Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I found my dog on the floor in a puddle of his own drool. He

Customer Question

I found my dog on the floor in a puddle of his own drool. He was breathing but he couldn't move or close his mouth. Earlier, he was panting excessively, but i ignored it because that happens sometimes when he hasn't had his heart medication (he has a heart murmur) and I had already given him his medicine that day. It didn't seem like a serious symptom. My mother just now took him to the vet and now I'm waiting to hear back from her. Do you know what this could be? It was almost like he was having a seizure of some kind. He's 13 years old but he was doing just fine earlier today.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Did anyone see him go down or just found him in the drool?
2) Any episodes of fainting noted during his lifetime?