Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My female Golden Retreiver, 8 1/2yrs old, has a very swollen

Customer Question

My female Golden Retreiver, 8 1/2yrs old, has a very swollen nipple. She has never been pregnant. It almost looks like a boil underneath. She's happy, plays, eats well and walks just fine. It's a bit soft, but doesn't bother her when I touch it. Do I need to take her into see the Vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No, never thought to do that. It's her nipple area I'm questioning about.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Quilla, age 8 1/2 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Quilla?
Customer: Do I wait here or click the orange button?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is she spayed? Are there any other lumps anywhere else?