Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She's a Silkie. She keeps trying & trying to pee, but

Customer Question

She's a Silkie. She keeps trying & trying to pee, but nothing comes out. Also, when she poops, it's not normal. It looks like the Ling of her intestines is coming out.
I fed her Nutrish. in April - May. Ever since then, she's had problems. If I feed her some people food, her poop looks more normal, but still has slimy looking blood in it.
But, she really has problems peeing. I left her in the bathroom, so she could go potty on the floor. There was definitely blood in her urine.
She also has separation anxiety.
She's been losing weight. She won't eat dog food. So, I give her some soft dog food. That is horrible. Doesn't look like it's been digested, and has the red slime in it.
Also, about 6 weeks ago, she was attacked by an American Bull Dog. I could only find one bite mark, on her ribs. I think her hair, & her collar saved her neck.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Pumpkin
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pumpkin?
Customer: I'm not sure how old she is. I've had her for about 6 1/2 years
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Has she had any diagnostics performed on her stool or urine to determine the cause of them to be abnormal?
2) When was her stool last normal?
3) Has she always had a tender stomach?