Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Puggle has stopped jumpe onto couch or bed as if it hurts to

Customer Question

Puggle has stopped jumpe onto couch or bed as if it hurts to do so . I have to lift her . 8 yrs old
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Mollie. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Not being able to jump onto the couch, or go up and down stairs, is often a sign of back pain. She could have a pinched nerve, an inflamed disc, or a muscle strain. How long has she been not jumping?

It could also be hip or knee pain, or arthritis.

The best, ***** ***** pain medications for dogs are things like carprofen, tramadol, meloxicam and other prescription medications. You can try baby or low dose aspirin and ONLY aspirin; not Advil/ibuprofen or Aleve or any other over the counter pain reliever. She could take 1 low dose aspirin if she is 15 to 20 pounds. Give it with food, and do not give it again if she vomits.

She is telling you that she hurts, and pain medication may help her feel better. Let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard from you! How is Mollie doing? Let me know if this was helpful and if you have any more questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am always sorry when I never hear back from a customer; I don't know if my response was heard or helpful. How is Mollie doing?