Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Does anything help remove skunk spray from a dog?

Customer Question

does anything help remove skunk spray from a dog?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Poor Izzy!

In regards ***** ***** question, we can remove the odor by bathing right away. Often in our practice we will use a combination of the following: 1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and a teaspoon liquid dish soap. You will need to wear gloves but want to apply this everywhere she has been sprayed. Of course, care around her eyes. Let it sit on the coat after a good lather for 5-10 minutes (no longer as it can lighten the coat) and then rinse it all off. After you can repeat if she has been severely skunked, else wash her with the shampoo of your choice and then dry well.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.
Hi Brian,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Izzy. How is everything going?