Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident

We put Parastar on our 4 Shih-tzus tonight and our 24 lb one

Customer Question

We put Parastar on our 4 Shih-tzus tonight and our 24 lb one that is 9 yrs old is so fidgety and uncomfortable she is miserable. Is this a side effect and is there anything I can do to help her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that your dog is uncomfortable. The active ingredient in this product is fipronil and this is very safe to use in dogs. However, this is often mixed with carrier compounds and one of those may have caused a skin reaction. Have you tried bathing her? This can remove anything that is irritating her. You can use Dawn dish soap followed by a soothing oatmeal shampoo for dogs. If she is still affected after this then I recommend an exam by your veterinarian as there may be something else going on that is making her uncomfortable. Does this address your concerns today? If so, I would appreciate a positive rating so that the website will know that I have been helpful as I am not compensated otherwise. If you have additional questions or concerns, I am happy to be of service and strive for 100% customer satisfaction.

Hi Angie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie