Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have a 15 year old mini Doxie and he is peeing in the

Customer Question

i have a 15 year old mini Doxie and he is peeing in the house and its hard for him to walk. I just lost my dad and I dont know if i can put my dog down
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no wounds
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: T-Bone
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about T-Bone?
Customer: No I just think its time but I would like him around a little longer
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think maybe his hind legs.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm very sorry to hear about your recent loss of your father. I would feel that the chance of helping T-Bone at this time is definitely decent. He may be having a hard time walking as he has arthritis happening at his age. IF there is pain from that, then he won't move around as much and this can cause some to start to urinate inside. Inappropriate urination could also be a metabolic issue or kidney infection issue. Keeping him around comfortable and being happy is something that will involve a trip to your vet. They can check him over and more than likely start up some pain medication for arthritis and give him a trial of it to see how he does. I would be optimistic about how he would respond.