Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My fourteen year old dog's right hind leg is getting weak.

Customer Question

Good afternoon. My fourteen year old dog's right hind leg is getting weak. He sometimes stumbles and falls. I am giving him multi vitamins every other day. The leg looks twisted. Anything I can do please?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Based on Gregg's signs, I do suspect he has underlying arthritis here. This can often cause our older dogs to weight bear differently to relieve their own discomfort. In regards ***** ***** we can do to ease these signs, we do have a few options. OTC-wise, you could try him on a joint supplement like Glucosamine, chondroitin, or even omega 3+ 6 (EPA/DHA) fish oils. These are over the counter at most vets, pet stores, or even health food stores (as we can use human intended products in this case). As well, provided he is eating well, hasn't any health issues, and is not on any other medication, you could also try him on a low dose of buffered Aspirin (More Info/Dose HERE) to see if you can get him moving more comfortably. Though of course if he doesn't settle or seems very sore, then we'd want a check with a local vet to make sure he has no secondary tendon damage or muscle issues that may need stronger treatment options to settle.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank yoy for your rply.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.my dogs foot is not swollen.could he still suffer from arthritis?
I am unable to rate you as i would like to ss results or improvements first
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Again what is the exact fee pls and why was i charged 3 times. Ineed an immediate explanation.***@******.***
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again,

As I am sure you can appreciate, as a vet I have no control over costs. In fact, I have not been credited at all for helping you since you have not left me feedback (if you could that would be much appreciated, it doesn't close our conversation and you will still be able to report result to me). Otherwise, if you have questions about charges, you will need to direct them to customer service HERE.

Take care,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.
Hi Naila,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gregg. How is everything going?

nekovet