Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Hello, my name is***** and I would like to help you and Willie. A few questions:
1. Any diarrhea?
2. Any change in treats or foods recently?
3. When he had his shots, did they also give him de-wormer?
4. Any toxin exposure (plants, trash, chewed up toys?)
Thank you, ***** ***** forward to helping you.
Thank you for your answers! I suspect Willie has mild gastroenteritis. I would start with a few things:
1. Withhold food for the next 12 hours
2. Give 1/2 of a Pepcid AC (famotidine). This is found at your pharmacy
3. After his stomach has had time to rest, offer a very small amount of food. If he keeps it down, you can give him half of his normal meal. If he continues to vomit, he will need to see his vet.
Puppies are notorious for getting into everything (even things like rabbit poop or earthworms) in the yard, spiders in the house, etc. It can cause a mild tummy upset that will cause them to eat grass and vomit. Most of the time, resting it and giving an acid reducer like Pepcid treats the vast majority of these.
If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer more questions. Thank you.
I wanted to follow up and see how Willie was doing. If I was able to answer your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer more questions. Thank you.