Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My 15mo Basset Fauve has roundish red spots (50 cent) on the

Customer Question

My 15mo Basset Fauve has roundish red spots (50 cent) on the inside of each thigh, just at the leg joint. I had her tested for lymes and found to be neg. any thoughts as to what is causing this? She has had this for at least 6mo.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

Nadine, can you upload a photo(s) of these persistent spots to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as

Please check the photo(s) before uploading to make sure that they're in focus. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well, that will have to wait until i have someone here to help as she doesnt lay still. how do i get back to you when i have photos?

I understand. You're welcome to return to our conversation at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return. I'll watch for your next post.

(Please avoid the toxic tea tree oil. This is a more of a risk in small dogs and cats but best avoided in all pets.)