Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog has very dark moles/skin on his penis and testicles.

Customer Question

My dog has very dark moles/skin on his penis and testicles. They are getting bigger and spreading. What can it be?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Can you upload a photo(s) of these areas to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check the photo(s) before uploading to make sure that they're in focus.

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the pic
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They started out as just small moles on the pens and testicles. They are getting bigger and Blending together. His penis used to be wrote now it's brown because of the moles. They aren't raised but flush with the skin just getting bigger. Is it cancer?

Thank you! Give me a minute to take a look, please.

No, not cancer. Those are lentigines. Lentigo is an asymptomatic condition characterized by one (lentigo) or more (lentigines) flat macules or patches of black skin. It's common in dogs with highest incidences reported in midddle-aged to older dogs. Lesions are more often found on the ventral abdomen and chest. No medical treatment is known nor is necessary. These are benign skin changes and a cosmetic problem only. Please continue our conversation if you wish.