Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog had a dry crumbly poop. no moisture at all. He has

Customer Question

my dog had a dry crumbly poop. no moisture at all. He has also been yelping for no apparent reason as if he is hurting internally He lifts his front left paw but there is no apparent injry
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: byron is 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about byron?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) When did this begin?
2) Any recently food or treat changes?
3) Any bones (cooked or raw) fed or given as chew toys recently?
4) Please tell me in detail what he consumes for food and treats. Name brands, if possible.
5) Any blood being passed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I ascertained that the crumble poop was caused by ingestion of bone marrow from a ham bone. The bigger issue is the intermittent pain in his left front. I am headed to the clinic for an exam. Thanks