Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have two shih tzus, sisters. Bella has always been very

Customer Question

I have two shih tzus, sisters. Bella has always been very affectionate but in the last couple days she has be very clingy, anxious, panting, and shivering. Usually she will sleep by my side or even at the foot of the bed. She has kept me awake most of the night because she is laying on my pillow, right above my head, panting and shivering. She has also jumped up frequently to check on me by leaning up against my face. She has been watching the bedroom door all night long. I don't think she has slept at all. She stays so close to me when I am up walking through the house that I have stepped on her little feet a couple times when I change directions. The other day she was sitting under my laundry sink which was strange to me.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: bella
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about bella?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Have there been any changes in the environment?
2) Any new noises in the neighborhood like new families or construction?
3) New animals in the house?
4) How is she eating and drinking?
5) How is the other dog acting?