Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Well, a friend of mine adopted a pit who had a litter of

Customer Question

well, a friend of mine adopted a pit bull who had a litter of puppies. the puppies were all adopted out but momma was left behind in foster care. she adopted her well after all the pups were weaned. they had her spayed, and took her home. a few days, maybe a week passed and the other dogs at her house( two pups and an adult male) seemed to be overwhelming the very docile dog. so she contacted me and i agreed to adopt her. i noticed the next day that her teats had a large lump. upon further investigation i figured it was from teh incision, but was hanging down. shortly after the incision opened and was oozing but no pus. the next day it seemed to open and drain and we had her contact the vet. the vet gave a 3 day fast acting antibiotic and it finished draining out. the incision healed very nicely. but now she is bleeding. for the last 8= 10 days, as i think we have now had her about two weeks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?
Customer: the bleeding is becoming less frequent and she is otherwise doing and acting fine.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Where are you seeing the bleeding?
2) Can you share photographs of the location?
3) Is she still eating and drinking well?
4) Is the male in the household intact or neutered?
5) How are her urination habits?