Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

No her nipples have not always been black. Pebbles was

Customer Question

Hi ..
No her nipples have not always been black . Pebbles was diagnosed with subcutaneous lyphoma a year and a half ago then we were told she isuddenly doesn't have it . Now she has a mass in her pelvis and a lump in her neck as well as this week her nipplles are turning black .
Just so you know ... We are not trying to neglect her health issues ... But ..she's already had two masses removed and now along with the others has one on her leg .
We went for over a year understanding that she was dying ... then told she wasn't but had other issues ..
We are not rich nor do we not love her enough to take care of her she is our beautiful Pebbles and have had her in our lives since she was 6 weeks old .
She is now almost 12 and never been sick a day I her life .
Every vet we go to wants to do up to $8000.00 dollars of tests and surgeries on her but cannot give us a proper diagnosis .
I've worked in a people hospital for 35 years ..
What do you think ????
Thank you for your time
Diana Kommer
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No ..... I'd just like one Vet to give us TRUE AND HONEST opinion .... which seems impossible . We were mourning for her for over a year ...then told oh no she's fine but ...
Pebbles is more than just my beautiful girl she is my life .
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I hope this web site is real .....
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Was any treatment given for the cutaneous lymphoma?
2) Have the symptoms of CL stopped, as well?
3) Can you please post pictures of her black nipples and the masses?
4) Have histopathology been performed on the masses that have been removed?
5) Do you have any x-rays or other diagnostics that show the mass in her pelvis?
6) Has the lump on the back of her neck had any testing to determine what it is?