Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog has had flare-ups with the poles but for some reason

Customer Question

My dog has had flare-ups with the poles but for some reason a little bit looks like like her eyes a little bit of going out a little bit I'm a little concerned because her paws a flared up I know it's hot in the summer I've seen this before and it's going away what can I do I have a poodle that is used to having difficulty and her cause she's definitely struggling a little bit can you please help me I've done everything I can to every time I take her out I was your paws off I dry them off I do everything I can but they are really flared up and I don't know is because it's so hot outside
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Can you please attach pictures of the paws you're concerned about?
2) What medications have been tried?
3) Is she licking or chewing?
4) Is she still walking well?