Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My 5 lb dog just ate a 70mg fosamax, is she safe?? bubbles

Customer Question

My 5 lb dog just ate a 70mg fosamax, is she safe??
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bubbles gum 1 1/2 yrs old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: bubbles
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about bubbles?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Bubbles. How long ago did she get this pill? It might be best to get her to vomit if it was less than an hour ago. Do you have any fresh, in date hydrogen peroxide?

My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I am going to research this dose and this drug in dogs; one moment.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Good news! She got about 31 mg per kg of her body weight (all doses and overdoses are calculated in mg per kg) and dogs getting up to 200 mg per kg did not get really sick. It is recommended to give her milk or cheese; the calcium in the dairy will help bind the Fosamax and keep it from being absorbed. It does not sound like you have to make her vomit.

Let me know what other questions I can answer and if this was helpful.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I did not hear back from you; I hope you were able to see my response! How is Bubbles doing?

Kindly consider rating my answer so the website knows I assisted you!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry when I answer a question and never get response or feedback, I don't know if I am doing a good job, or providing what you expected! How is Bubbles doing?