Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Can you give human aspirin to an 80 lb. dog with joint

Customer Question

Can you give human aspirin to an 80 lb. dog with joint problems. They are on a weekend vacation and she seems very sore from more exercise than usual. They did not bring her pain pills with them. How much and how often for this size dog???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

As long as she has a 48 hour break from her usual medications they can use a low dose of buffered aspirin. For an 80lb dog, you can give 400mg after food every 12 hours.

Please take care,
Dr. B
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)