PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My dog may have a strained back leg from catching it on a

Customer Question

Hello, My dog may have a strained back leg from catching it on a ottoman, falling.. It seemed to be better after a couple days but he limps after rest, then it eases when he's warmed up a bit. He has warm ears, but not too bad. Ive been resting him, hoping he will feel better. We are away from home for the next two weeks, should I bring him in here or wait for his normal vet ? Thank you , sarah
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes, there isn't .. and have checked the whole leg, its pretty good until his upper knee area
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about may?
Customer: He looks sad, and is resting quite a bit.. But does go out on walks..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

If this has been a concern for more than 24 hours, it's time to have him seen. He may well have torn a ligament if the knee is tender. I would urge you to go ahead and have him seen instead of waiting for your regular vet when you're back home in 2 weeks.

Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: