Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My puppy is a Rottweiler and is acting funny like he isn't

Customer Question

My puppy is a Rottweiler and is acting funny like he isn't eating as much and lost a lot of weight and isn't as playful as usual and he brother was acting like this and passed away today and I want to know what I can do to stop it
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner, Shalene. Did his brother vomit and have diarrhea prior to dying? Is Monster vomiting and having diarrhea? Are these puppies vaccinated? Did his brother see a vet? If so, was a diagnosis given for him? You can't know how to stop this if you don't know what you're treating and to know that you'll need a vet's help. My primary concern is the lethal parvovirus or canine distemper virus.

Please respond with the additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

Hi Shalene Red Bird,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Monster. How is everything going?