Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He ate a bottle of beta fish food and also shattered the

Customer Question

He ate a bottle of beta fish food and also shattered the plastic bottle that it was in and there are pieces of plastic all over. We were gone and it's been probably 8 hours ago and he seems fine. What should we look for.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Teddy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy?
Customer: He's allergic to either beef or chicken so we feed him a venison sweet potato mix. Is there a charge to talk to the vet.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Veterinarian. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Can you give me an idea what the charge is?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Veterinarian. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: My vet has an office visit charge so I don't understand why you can't quote a consultation fee
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Did it appear that he ate parts of the bottle?

Any cuts in his mouth, retching, appetite loss, or belly pain when you press?