Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Came home and he was standing in the corner in a pool of

Customer Question

came home and he was standing in the corner in a pool of clear mucoid vomit and looked shaky, unsteady on his feet. Has not laid down for the last several hours and won't eat, just circling and drooling. was fine when I went to work this morning, was home all day with our other dog who is fine. He is a 10 year victorian bulldog.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bulldog?
Customer: He is usually very stoic but he seems very distressed and does not want to be touched.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Is he circling in the same direction? Have you seen any tremors or seizures?

Can he keep water down?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something she hould not have (ie bones, toys, rocks, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Has he had any diarrhea?