Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I just noticed my boxer has what looks like a sist near his

Customer Question

i just noticed my boxer has what looks like a sist near his corner left eye,it looks like its full of fluid
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. You could well be right, fluid filled cysts of various sorts, small abscesses and other non malignant lumps and bumps can occur in this position in the dog, Boxers seem a bit more prone to this sort of thing in my experience.

2. Where this sort of lump is close to the eye it is best not to attempt home remedies such as lancing it yourself in case you cause eye damage so it is best to have your vet check it over, it could well be very easy for your vet to drain it or perhaps a course of prescription drugs such as antibiotics may be required. Of course some of these small swellings may be more serious { Rare } but this is another reason to have your vet take a look.

3. Hopefully your dog has something very minor and easy to sort out but here is a link to an accurate article which covers the more serious possibilities. : LINK

Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Boxer is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his cyst near the eye ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.