Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My daughter is hysterical her dog ate the other dogs steroid

Customer Question

My daughter is hysterical her dog ate the other dogs steroid prescription.. Hazel is 75 pounds and ate them 5 minutes ago.. it was liquid
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if Hazel will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hazel?
Customer: She swallowed 16.5 cc's
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Hazel. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Can you look at the label and tell me how many milligrams (mg) per cc (or ml) is the strength of the liquid? I need to know how many milligrams Hazel actually got. For instance, if it is 5 mg per 5 ml, then she only got 16.5 mg, not a dangerous dose for her size. If it is 10 mg per ml (cc) then she got 165 mg, which is more worrying.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; I hope you were able to see my response. How is Hazel doing?

Let me know if this was helpful and if I can answer any other questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?