PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

The vet says my dog has lymph cancer. How can I tell if he

Customer Question

The vet says my dog has lymph cancer. How can I tell if he is in pain and when does one have medicine prescribed for it
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It would be my pleasure to assist you today.

Many dogs who are in pain will vocalize while others still will stop eating, make quite a few slow, blinking gestures, avoiding food and water, etc. If you find that his demeanor changes, it will be time to start the medication. Most owners do not question when this happens because there's such an obvious change with their pet.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Luke. How is everything going?