Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My sister just got a dog and I noticed she has a barley open

Customer Question

Hi my sister just got a dog and I noticed she has a barley open eye on her right side . The dog is a puppy I'm not sure how old she is but she actually also has flees and im very concerned do you know what I should do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is the puppy walking?

2- Do you have any idea how old is the puppy?

3- Can you post a picture of the puppy on this thread?

Friend, it seems like you have gone offline. I will opt out so that if you come back another expert could help you. I will be going offline for the night.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

I'll follow up for Dr. Peter for you. Please let me know if you still need help. It's important that when anything appears wrong with an eye, that the eye be attended to by a vet at the caretaker's earliest convenience. Eyes can "go south" in a hurry and vision can be lost. Vaccines and worming can be done at the time a vet examines the eye.

Fleas can be addressed with various products but some are not recommended in the very young dog. I need to know if the puppy appears to be less than 14 weeks of age. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.