Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

9 month old puppy had a roach poison tablet in mouth-did not

Customer Question

9 month old puppy had a roach poison tablet in mouth-did not chew it or swallow it. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- What is the name tablet or active ingredient?

2- Milligrams?

3- How much does he weigh?

4- How long has it been since he ate it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
active ingredient- boric acid 40% dog weighs 8 1/2 lbs 1 hour-but did not swallow it

Friend, this will not be toxic for your puppy; boric acid has a very wide safety margin. If he didn't swallow it no symptoms expected, your puppy will be fine. No need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.