Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello. Thanks for the question.
Carvedilol has a wide safety margin in dogs. It takes very large overdoses before we see signs. In most cases of accidental ingestion, we don't see any signs. In a small number of dogs, we'll see lethargy or some mild GI upset.
If you notice any labored breathing or restlessness, then she should be seen by a vet. The chances of her needing veterinary care, though, is pretty low.
When using this medication in a 45 lb dog, a dose of ~ 20 mg twice daily is what would be used.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.