Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She has a hernia which she's had awhile never bothered her

Customer Question

She has a hernia which she's had for quite awhile never bothered her but it's right by her left leg. Until recenrly she's played and been normal however I think she hurt her other leg jumping from my bed and now is limpimping won't take but a few steps. She's lost her appetite hasn't gone poop much and stomache is extended. I'm very worried could she have an obstruction glands ate clean though cause I do that myself she's just not herself
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No she's a chihuahua and he always been feisty but has not been for a couple days
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Welsh replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am Dr Welsh and I am happy to help with your questions today. I am sorry that your kitty isn't feeling well. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. I have just a few additional questions for you so that I can make the best recommendation.

has she ever had limping issues before?

which leg is she limping on?

how big is the hernia?

can you push the hernia back in (is it soft and when you push it goes away but comes back?)

is she eating and drinking?

any current meds or illness?

I am sorry that your *puppy* isn't feeling well! (sorry about that typo)