Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine

Frequent Urination but only dribble comes out male dog, Jake

Customer Question

Frequent Urination but only dribble comes out male dog
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jake 14 years old he had surgery 3 months ago for bladder Stones also licking a lot in that area
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jake?
Customer: That's main symptom right now
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 3 months ago.

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

I am so sorry to hear Jake is experiencing urinary issues again. Our top worries with what you have reported is he may have a simple urinary tract infection or another bladder/urethral stone or there may be something else more structural (scarring, polyp, mass/tumor) that may be going on with the bladder or elsewhere in the urinary system. Being optimistic, let us hope this is a simple urinary tract infection.

You should have him seen today by his veterinarian and get his urine checked. Your vet may recommend do some imaging (radiographs or ultrasound) to ensure no structural issue in the system and no bladder/kidney/urethral stones are present.

I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.

Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.

If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.

Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Joey