Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

What would you recommend to euthanise my 32kg Bulldog, so

Customer Question

What would you recommend to euthanise my 32kg Bulldog, so that it is quick and pain free?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm very sorry to hear the nature of your question. What is going on with Toby that you feel he needs to be let go?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He suffers from severe arthritis and hip dysplacea and is in considerable pain.

What medications have you been doing for the arthritis? What has your vet said about the situation?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NSAIDS. Vet says he is in pain and suggests I let himgo.

I'm very sorry to hear this. There are definitely cases where arthritis progresses to the point that quality of life is brought up. When NSAID's, glucosamine supplementation, tramadol, and gabapentin are all maxed out, then the issue can be brought up. Some may find that acupuncture may help to a certain degree. If your vet has made the suggestion to let him go, then ultimately, they need to be involved in this. They have the only means acceptable to let him go quickly and with no distress on him. There is nothing that can be done at home by an owner.