Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My Bospin is walking without lifting s back legs. He is

Customer Question

Hello, my Bospin is walking without lifting his back legs. He is keeping them stiff. He is scaring us!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your Boston/min pin is lifting his bag legs and keeping them in an extended position. I need you to do a quick test for me to see if he has a common condition seen in both these breeds.

Take his leg and bend it at the knee while also placing your fingers around his knee. Do you feel a popping in his knee area? Sort of like something in the knee is moving side to side, instead of up and down?

- Dr. H

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Ok. Is Bospin yelping out in pain at all? Does he seem to be in distress about his legs?

- Dr. H

Also how many hours/minutes has he been displaying this behavior with his knees locked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He isn't displaying any discomfort. We just discovered a small pussy discharge from his penis
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it's been since 6 o clock

Ok I am on HST, so unsure what time zone you are in. How many hours/minutes is that where you are?

Also the pus discharge from the penis can be normal if he is intact. This is called smegma.

- Dr. H