How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 29724
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog is throwing up bile. He is shaking. I just found that

Customer Question

My dog is throwing up green bile. He is shaking. I just found that he ate a pair of my shorts and am afraid maybe the fabric is stuck in his stomach? Should I keep an eye on him and wait for the vet to open tomorrow or take him to the emergency vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: Not at this moment. He is drinking water
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he lethargic?

2- How often is he vomiting?

3- How long since he ate the shorts?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He just wants me to hold him. I just had him drink some water. He is responding to his name but very slow to move. He is vomited 12hrs ago and just now. He has just started shaking. The shorts were eaten either last night or this morning? They are sleepwear so it's a soft fabric.
He threw up again. We are going to the emergency vet
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.

Friend, he is showing all of the symptoms consistent with an obstruction. It is best you do not wait and have him checked tonight by ER vet. If he has an obstruction the longer he goes untreated the more invasive the procedure to remove the shorts and worst prognosis, for this reason it is best to not wait. In the meantime remove the food and water, follow up with ER veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.