Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dog might of ate about 12 calming aid treats by brand

Customer Question

my dog might of ate about 12 calming aid treats by brand natur vet quie moments.
What do I do. He seems to be falling asleep
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 months ago.

Hello Ashley,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :

1. How much does your dog weigh { In pounds } ?

2. How long ago did this occur { How many minutes or hours ago } ?

You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he is about 50 maybe a bit more, about 15 - 20 min ago.
I am trying to get someone to bring me some 3 % hyrdo perox
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he seems to be awake, he is on high alert still since he hears fire works.

Hello again Ashley,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Good news! : This sort of herbal product has a very high margin of safety in the dog so the chances are that even swallowing quite a few as in your case will have little long term effects other than perhaps a minor transient bout of gastro-enteritis. According to the label the active ingredients are Chamomile Flower, Passion Flower, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ginger, L-Trypotophan so really this product is more a food supplement than a drug. The chances are you do not need to do anything other than just observe your dog since it is unlikely to be affected too much.

2. However if you want to make 100% sure and take every precaution possible then one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and recover the calming aids that way, If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion { Two hours at the absolute outside } then things should be fine. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

3. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.