Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My Russel got in a fight with a small racoon last evening

Customer Question

My Jack Russel got in a fight with a small racoon last evening today she is just lying on the couch wont eat or drink dosent act normal nose is warm
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Lucy does not feel well. Check her all over for any lesions that may require cleaning such as cuts or bite marks. If you find this, cut away the fur and clean with peroxide. If you do not see anything there still may be an infection that is causing Lucy's depression. Check her gums to be sure they are pink,...anything near white means that there may be internal damage and this is an emergency that requires a vet. If all appears normal, provide supportive care such as Pedialyte every 4 hrs and a dose of Nutrical, available at the pet store, every 4-6 hrs. If Lucy does not come around within a few hours or within a day, take her to your vet for an exam.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****