Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Over the past 3 months my dog has been vommitting about

Customer Question

Over the past 3 months my dog has been vommitting about every 10 days. I have not noticed any other symptoms. But wonder what I should do and if this could be severe
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since all other parameters are normal with your gal, it is unlikely that there is anything serious going on. If this becomes more frequent and continues, there is a chance that she may be developing a condition called Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) and the first signs can be chronic vomiting. It often also has diarrhea symptoms that will develop. If there are any other symptoms or changes, have your vet examine your gal and run tests including one for Pancreatitis since this can also cause vomiting with this frequency especially if after a high fat meal.

This LINK will explain a bit more about IBD.

From what you describe, I would not be too concerned unless symptoms increase.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried changing her food once which didn't help. Is there any food you would recommend that would be better for her? She does not have issues with diarrhea right now. She drinks and eats fine as well, she never eats a lot. She goes on walks everyday with me and otherwise seems fine. When she throws up it is almost always the yellow bile. Never chunks of anything

The best food to try is a hypoallergenic food such as Royal Canin Hypoallergenic or others that are called "Limited Ingredients" since they are bland and if this is IBD, this will help (Blue Basics, Natural Balance etc.) . Make sure to wean your gal SLOWLY over 2 weeks to the new food. They are well balanced and even if your gal does not have any medical condition, this food will be good for her.