Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My friends dog woke up and she is barely moving she has her

Customer Question

My friends dog woke up and she is barely moving she has her tail in her hind legs and won't climb up stairs. She also has white discharge coming out of her vagina. It was really hot yesterday. What could be wrong?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Has she been spayed?

Any odor to the discharge?

Any changes to her urination habits (needing to go more often, passing small amounts)?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, rocks, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Any change of an injury or trauma?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No she's not sprayed. Her gums are white and cold. Her pus is swollen and her abdomen is very tight.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Oh dear,

If her gums are white and cold, she needs to be seen right now. That is a sign of anemia and could be due to internal bleeding. This could case the abdomen to be tight if it is full of blood. Otherwise if that discharge is pus, then a uterine infection is also a concern but again those white gums are ringing alarm bells that we have an emergency here and need her seen right away.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or via

http://www.veccs.org/index.php?option=com_hospitals&nationid=1&Itemid=193

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No . I didn't mean pus is coming out I meant her vagina is swollen.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for clarifying, but the white gums are the major worry here so the vagina may just be related to her being in season or a closed uterine infection (where we get distension and them feeling unwell without pus).

Please take care,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet