Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is a Yorkie 7 lbs. 12 yrs old In good health Has been

Customer Question

My dog is a Yorkie 7 lbs. 12 yrs old In good health Has been limping. Big limp. Not the first time Doesnt jump or do thing that would give her leg problems. Very quiet dog.
Went to Vet Gave me antibiotics (there was no sign of infection) and gave me pain medication. Wish I hadnt given her the antibiotics but she got a shot to last 2 weeks. Anyway, they didnt get to the bottom of the problem and I spent a great deal of money. (wouldnt have minded spending if I had gotten SOME satisfaction. Can you help? I think it may be arthritis but they never even mentioned it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Baby's limping. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Just as I would do if I were seeing Baby in my office, I need to ask a few questions to learn more about her and her condition.

Which leg is she limping on, front or back? Have any Xrays been taken?

Since she is 12 , this could be arthritis. What pain medication has been tried?