Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

What is the cost of an xray, I think my dog broke s leg

Customer Question

What is the cost of an xray, I think my dog broke his leg
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now this will vary by where you are based (state, city, region, etc), whether you have this done at a general practice or specialist vet's practice, whether they just take one xray to confirm the break or if multiple are needed to plan surgical approaches, and whether the xray can be taken without sedation (if he is very sore then he will likely need that an pain relief). That all said, a single xray without sedation tends to cost between $40 and $125; with those afterwards usually being another $20 to $75. If he did need sedation or anesthesia, then for large dogs this can be another $50 and $220. Of course, since vet practices are usually privately owned, it is worthwhile phoning the local vets for a free estimate to get an ideal of local costs to help you decide where you wish to have this done.

Best regards,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )