Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Our female lab just got together with her dad. What can I do

Customer Question

Our female lab just got together with her dad. What can I do to reverse this?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hello Jon,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Jon,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

This is no problem there are misalliance injections which can be given if this has just happened, these will act like a " morning after pill " The best plan would be to give your vet a call at the first opportunity and check how he or she handles this situation and make the necessary appointment. The first dose is usually given on the third day after mating.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning and to check if you have further questions.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am going to call the vet on Monday and do whatever is necessary to get it reversed.
Thanks
Jon

That should work out just fine ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Jon,

Of course I am very glad to have advised you recently, however I wonder if you could possible do me a favour and rate my service to you on the site? This really helps my standing in the Just Answer community.

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott

Hi Jon,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Winnie. How is everything going?