Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have a Border Collie that has sore on her tail that she

Customer Question

I have a Border Collie that has sore on her tail that she keeps licking. It is about the size of a quarter!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Border collie's name?
Customer: Oakley
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oakley?
Customer: No, she was just at the Vet on Monday for shots. Everything was fine. I did not notice the sore until Tuesday night
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Any evidence of fleas? Does she have any history of allergies?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No to all.

How old is she? Are you able to take a picture of the sore? Based on what you are describing it sounds like she may have a hotspot. This happens when there is an over reaction to something that may have irritated the tail. That could be some type of insect bite or contact with something in the environment that she could be allergic too