How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5222
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I tried to have my puppy seen by a vet but i cant afford it.

Customer Question

I tried to have my puppy seen by a vet but i cant afford it. He ingested chocolate. Is vomiting and has a bloody stool. Now he wont eat or drink and is just Laying down breathing slowly. He is non responsive and wont get up. Help.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will try to help you.

Chocolate is very toxic and can affect the heart and cause the symptoms you see and also possible seizures.

How long ago did he eat the chocolate and how many ounces did he eat? And was it milk or dark chocolate?