Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I am minding a 9 month old shizu maltese and she has the

Customer Question

Hi. I am minding a 9 month old shizu maltese and she has the feeling of fluid in her lower earlobes. I have never encountered this with any other breed I have had over the years.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

I want to make sure we are on the same page, does her ears look like any of these pictures?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ear+hematoma+dog&rlz=1C1RFPM_enUS684US684&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEuKmUkYbOAhVKwGMKHeBIBXkQ_AUIBigB