Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My boston terrier had wih, I gave her panacur two weeks ago

Customer Question

My boston terrier had wih
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your boston terrier?
Customer: I gave her panacur two weeks ago for whipworms and now it is time to give her another dose. however she has developed cut like sores around her mouth and I don't know what to do.
JA: Is your boston terrier bleeding a lot?
Customer: not a lot, but I do see spots on floor and her bed. at first I thought she was cutting herself with her claws.
JA: What is the boston terrier's name and age?
Customer: Bella and she is 4 yrs old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: she has been itching and biting on her hind quarters. I had also given her some benedryl over a week ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Does she have a history of allergies? Is she on any flea preventative? Did the benadryl help at all?