Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Is it ok to give my dog bits of roasted chicken breast in s

Customer Question

Is it ok to give my dog bits of roasted chicken breast in his dog food at meal time
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hello Rita,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Rita,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. No problem there, that should be just fine, there are no medical reasons why you should not do this, and I am sure Gizmo will appreciate it.

2. Of course chicken in it's own is not a balanced diet so the bulk of his daily food intake should be a commercial dog diet of some kind, but if 10% of it is chicken then that's reasonable.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Rita,

I am just checking back in to see how Gizmo is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning chicken in his diet ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.